What should I work on next?

15 June 2009

Insanely Cool Project

This is not my project, but it is absolutely awe-inspiring.

A giant - and I do mean GIANT - steampunk airship. In 28mm scale. For a Warhammer 40K gamer. And so far, it is totally beautiful. Here's the link:


And I can't help lifting two of his images to whet your appetites to go and see this work. Klaus, let me know if you want me to remove it - it's your project after all, and your images - but I gotta say that your Athena is incredible.

This is the gondola section. The plan is that each door will allow an airborne trooper to drop from it. Sixteen doors, total.

Here is a forward elevation shot, showing the exposed ribs, the flight deck (did I forget to mention it's also a carrier?) and the side rudders and island bridge.

2 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

I have seen this thing. It is quite impressive. If only I had the time, room and skill to make such a thing.

BTW, did I see your Aphid class in the picture of your display case?

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

The one in the case is the 28mm scale I purchased.

My 15mm scale one is nearly as big, and so, is probably too big, but I have put it aside for the last couple of months. Maybe I need to get back to work on it this summer.