What should I work on next?

25 April 2011

Last of the Warmachine Thoughts

   At least for now.

   A few years ago, Privateer Press and Gale Force Nine worked together to produce some impressive prepainted and ready out-of-the-box terrain pieces for the Warmachine game. I don't know what happened, but they have stopped working together and the pieces are no longer in production. However, you can get them from the secondary market.

  

   The Storm Research Station seems to be a good choice for anyone fielding a mad science or automaton force. That was always what I wanted it for, at any rate. 


   For the most part, I don't like the Cryx faction. But this piece screams to me for use as the 'handwavium'-fueled power reactor for an entire settlement or fort. An awesome objective piece of terrain. "The generators will be down momentarily. You may commence your assault."


   The last piece here is a massive cannon. Really big. Good for a Verne Cannon in VSF. Again, primarily a piece of objective terrain. I have a different version made by JR Miniatures, if I remember correctly. Much less expensive, if not as nice.

No comments: